Monday 28 January 2008

MBA Rankings

The FT rankings were out yesterday and it was cool to see JBS leap in to league of the Top 10 MBAs in the world. Pretty cool for us.

I hope this influences employer perceptions and rake in more opportunities and moolah for the JBS students/alumni :).

Here is a list of recent international MBA rankings :

FT 2008- (JBS rank - 10)
Economist 2007- (JBS rank -7)
Forbes 2007 - (JBS Rank - 3, among 1 year non-US schools)

It is now time to hit the bed. Today, as part of the Operations Management course, a few of us went to the Leyland Truck factory to view their production process and operations. It was a great learning exercise. I will post more about this visit later in the week.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Alvin on the FT ranking! It was wonderful.

I have been accepted by Cambridge MBA and am ecstatic. Would like to to learn about the job scene there? Can you please throw some light on the consulting recrutiing, if possible. Many Thanks.

Alvin said...

Congratulations!!! I'm sure you will have a very good time at JBS. In terms of the consulting recruitment we have McKinsey, Bain, ATKearney, Accenture and Oliver Wyman visiting our campus for recruitment in February and March.

Katie said...

Isn't it great going to a school with high rankings? I'm considering earning my MBA in International Business from Thunderbird. Thunderbird is ranked #1 for this program, but I also like the school because I want to live in Arizona for a while. Hope the rest of your studies went well, what are you doing with your degree now?

Alvin said...

Katie, I have not been updaating this blog for quite some time.

With regards to your question, it was always better to go to a school with a better ranking. There is a reason why better schools get better ranking.

In terms of what I have been doing, I started a consulting practice focusing on Regulatory and Reporting aspects in the Financial Services industry. You can follow us at www.katalysys.com.

Wish you the very best on the MBA journey.

Best regards,
Alvin.