Sunday 15 June 2008

THE END

The MBA programme is over for the class of 2007-2008. We had our last MBA class on the 13th of June.

The Cambridge MBA has been one of the best years of my life.

The key highlights/learnings (in no particular order) on the MBA for me were

1) Meeting new friends and learning their ways
2) Learning from my peers
3) Though provoking lectures and sessions
4) Salsa dancing on Tuesdays
5) Pub-nights on Thursdays
6) Global Consulting Project in Portugal
7) Lord Dennis Stevenson's Leadership-In-Action sessions
8) Learning that in business the most important thing is the "people" (clients/associates)
9) Relationships matter - who you know is very important in Business (Networking helps)
10) Performance matters - delivering consistently is important and rewarded well
11) Group work with some of the brightest people I have ever met
12) Learning Operations Management at the Leyland factory
13) Discovering Capital Markets and Innovative Accounting
14) Hosting the Oxford team for the Oxbridge sports event
.... . ........... so on and so forth the list would be never ending

Above all the Cambridge MBA has been a self-discovering journey for me and I have enjoyed every moment of this journey.

After completing my Individual Project, I will be starting a Business Technology consulting company with a colleague of mine. I'm quite excited about embarking on the entrepreneurship journey and look forward to put all the skills I learnt on the Cambridge MBA to good use.

I hope this blog was useful to folks who are/were interested in the Cambridge MBA to get an insiders view about the programme. I would highly recommend the Cambridge MBA to anyone who is aspiring to obtain a holistic management education and bond with the best.

I will no longer be updating this blog with my Cambridge MBA experiences. In case you need any additional information or want to contact me please feel free to email me.

1 comment:

Subhrajyoti Ghatak said...

All the best Alvin for your new ventures!!

I know it is a too audacious statement for a small guy such as me, but if you need any help which I am able to , in whatever small way that be, I will be delighted to.

Thanks for maintaining this wonderful blog.