Tuesday 8 May 2007

MBA-Prep (Finance)

Financing the MBA can turn out to be a pretty daunting task. Especially, if the student is coming from a developing country like India, China or Brazil. The MBA at JBS this year will cost about GBP 39,500 (USD 79,000) . In anybody is planning to stay with their partner/family, they need to pitch in a bit more.

While applying to the schools, I made sure that I apply only to those schools that had some sort of arrangement with banks to help students finance their education. International students at JBS can apply for the HSBC loan. The interest rate as of today is 8.25% (which is 2.75% above the Bank of England Base Rate). One can only dream about a Japanese Yen loan (with a Base Rate of 0.75%).

JBS also has some generous scholarships. I will make a separate post about scholarships; once I collate more information from fellow (future) classmates.

I will also post (at a later point of time) my experience with the JBS-HSBC Loan application/approval process.

1 comment:

Subhrajyoti Ghatak said...

Very helpful blog. Looking forward to your update on financing things. Keep it up