Friday 4 May 2007

MBA-Prep (WHY MBA?)

Starting September 2007, I will be pursuing an MBA from Cambridge University's Judge Business School. I will briefly outline my journey so far, in terms of gaining an admit. I will start with the reason as to why I decided to do an MBA.

I started my career as a trainee/programmer and currently work as a Project Manager at the Global Technology Center of a large international bank. Working for clients in various industries (Mutual Fund, Medical Systems, Utilities and Banking)and living in India, UK, US and France has helped me gain a good understanding of the software industry.

As the next step in my career, I would like to move on to provide business technology consultation (especially to large project/programs). In the long run I would like to start my own business technology consultation practice.

An MBA will help me gain a holistic management education (aspects like finance, strategy, human resource, marketing, entrepreneurship etc.,). In addition, an MBA will help me network and work with a diverse group, which in turn will help me learn from others experience. There are a lot of other reasons as well and the list is quite long, but the gist of it hangs on two points 1) Holistic management education 2) Networking and learning from peers and experts.

With this in mind, I set out to go back to school and do an MBA.

No comments: