Tuesday 10 July 2007

MBA-Prep (Visa Application)

Aidah and I finally stacked all the documents and filed for the Visa at the VFS office in Pune today (10th July). We should hopefully get our Visa by Friday (13th July).

Divya (my future class-mate) from Bangalore was a great help. She had given me a brief about the documents required for the Visa application. She also had warned me that the VFS office may be crowded (as she found out in Bangalore) and suggested that I go a bit early in the morning to beat the crowd.


I reached the VFS office at 8.00 AM. The place was almost deserted and I was the only applicant at the centre. The staff at VFS were very professional and helpful. They collected the application form, passport, supporting document and the visa fees.


Please find below the list of documents I had submitted


1) Visa Application form
2) Passports
3) Student Additional Questionnaire
4) Admission letter(s) from Cambridge University (Original)
5) Fee Invoice from University (Original)
6) Certified copy of marriage certificate
7) Master (MS) and Bachelor (B.Sc) Degree Marks Cards and Certificates (Original)
8) GMAT Score Report (Print out)
9) Appointment Letter from my current employer (Original)
10) Employment/experience letter from Current and Previous employer (Original)
11) Loan approval letter from HSBC Bank, UK (Original)
12) Bank Statements and Savings Proof (Original/Signed)
13) Salary slips for last 6 months (Original/Signed)
14) Income Tax Returns (Form-16) for 3 years (Copy)
15) Title deeds for property in India (Copy)
16) Brief Resume
17) Email exchange regarding the Interview at Cambridge
18) Visa application fee of INR 8450 (Approx GBP 100) for each application

A few useful links
1) VFS - UK VISA (India)
2) The required documents (British High Commission)
3) Student Visa Guidance (INF 5)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alvin,

This is helpful. I think we are in a similar situation - traveling to Cambridge with a spouse and no children. What I find interesting is that you did not need to give any info about accommodation. When I tried to complete the visa application online, I was required to list accommodation, which I don't have yet. The rules indicated that my husband would not be able to get a visa until we had proof of accommodation. Do you think this rule is different for Indian and US citizens ... or was the requirement the same for you, but they didn't really press for it?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Valerie

Alvin Abraham said...

Valerie,

I have sent you an email with some information that might be helpful.

Cheers,
Alvin.